Aerie Art Therapy Services is the private practice of Art Therapist, Dana Stefanson BFA, DWHEAT. The services offered include but are not limited to individual therapy, long or short-term group therapy, open studio therapy, workshops, and contracts.
Dana’s approach to art therapy is studio-based. She incorporates focusing, play therapy, talk therapy, narrative and cognitive behavioral therapy. She has committed to ongoing education and understanding of indigenous perspectives and strives to offer a practice that is culturally sensitive. Dana’s practice has been primarily focused on children and youth, however adults and seniors also benefit from art therapy and are welcome to individual, group or community sessions.
- To offer a safe and welcoming place for creativity
- To highlight the mental health benefits of engaging in the creative process
- To build community, foster relationships
- To explore art making as a tool for social action, healing, and empowerment
- To engage local youth, help them build a tool kit to facilitate the shaping of their own communities and futures
- To share skills, ideas and resources including abundant materials available for creative recycling
- To foster self-directed experiences of creativity and learning
Mental Health affects all of us. Art Therapy offers a unique way to engage your group in thinking about mental health and developing tools and strategies for improving individually and as a community. Whether its in a one time event, or a series of workshops, Aerie Art Therapy can offer specifically tailored creative experiences in your location.
Contact us to find out more.